Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Missionary Work

"Every member a missionary". Isn't that what President David O. McKay said? Do we remember to apply that to our daily lives? Do we realize how many people need to hear about the gospel? As I was sitting here at work between feeding my babies, I had a chance to go to Jeremys' mission website (yes, even though he has been home now for almost four months, we still have it up--), where once a week, I look up and read the weekly letters from his friends that are still out in the mission field. Just reading each one gets me excited to hear how each one is doing and to see how much each person has grown up. These Elders are serving in Mexico, Argentina, two in Chile (same mission) and two in Florida. It is just so neat to read about their experieces, the fun they are having, the people whose lives they are changing and the growth of their testimony that each one is receiving. They are not afraid to speak about the church. They are enjoying meeting people and sharing the gospel with them. I need to be a better member missionary.

No comments: