Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Renewing Old Acquintances

We have a dear friend, Mark Merrill who played a very key part in helping out with keeping Melchor from being homeless when he firse arrived here in the states. I had asked, well nicely begged, Mark to let Melchor stay with him. I told him that he was a nice guy and a returned missionary and relunctantly, Mark agreeded to house Melchor til we got married. We have kept in touch through the years. Mark had a desk that he wanted to get rid of and Melchor just could not say no, so we headed off to CA to get our inheritance. We were invited to spend the weekend with Mark and his lovely wife, Kaylene, for the three days that we were there. We talked, played Wii, went to a ward dinner, took them with us to dinner with us to my sisters' house and attended an emergence prepardness expo (will Mark, Kaylene and Melchor did--I stayed home and took a lovely walk). While we were back home, Melchor and I were able to visit one of our dear friends, the Justiniano Family. Juno's family were the very first family that I met my first night in the Philippines. Her parents and brother and sisters were there. We had a lovely lunch of filipino food (Mark loved it)and a afternoon full of story telling and catching up on our families. I felt like I was back in the Philippines. We hated to leave so soon--thank goodness, Juno and Alexs' daughter, Trisha, is having a sweet 16 birthday party the end of the month and it looks like we will be heading back for more fun and reminicing with the Justiniano and Merrill Families.

No comments: