Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pioneer Day

One of my goals is that someday I can be in Salt Lake on the 24th of July and be a part of all of the festivities. By going on our stake trek a couple of years ago, I was able to experience what it must have been like for the pioneers to make their way west. Last Monday night for family home evening, Melchor and I went with Patty and Tim Cox and Rhea and Sam Dahl to go see the film "17 Miracles". It was about the Willy/Martin handcart companies as they traveled to Salt Lake and told various stories about the people who were a part of that company. It was an excellent movie. Of course, some of the stories I have heard and read about many times, but there were other neat, spiritual events that happened that I had never known about--after all, there were 17 miracles--and yes, we did count them...

No comments: