Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Utah Trip--Part I

For the past three conferences, Melchor and I have traveled to Salt Lake to visit friends and to attend General Conference. We are usually gone for four days. This time Melchor came up with the idea to go up and stay for a week so we could have plenty of time to visit our friends. Good idea. The boys especially thought so. We left on the 26th and headed up to Logan. We stayed with our dear friends the Hugies. Brett was my zone leader and Julie lived with us for a while before they got married. Logan was beautiful. We hiked, did sealings in the Logan Temple, shopped, walked, ate and ate and ate..for those of you that are wondering, yes, I did manage to get excercise in. We love Logan--until we thought of the snow, then we quickly forgot about liking it so much.

After being with the Hugies for four days, we went down south to Draper to stay with our other friends the Parsons. The visit was full of partying, shopping, eating, eating and more eating and getting to go and see the last session of General Conference and going to attend the Filippino Fireside. A dear friend of the family who used to be in our ward growing up, Tad Callister, had been but into the quorum of the seventy and had given a magnificent talk on the Book of Mormon. After conference was over, we just hung around until the crowd died down. I took a walk to get closer and found out that the section I wanted to get to was blocked off for the general authorities and their families and in no way were the bodygards going to let me thru. I just happended to look to the left and there was Tad with his wife Cathy talking to people, so I ran over to the rope, and when they were through talking, I yelled "Tad"--they looked up and saw me and came walking over and we greeted each other and took pics.

This was just the cupcake coming out of the oven on this special day....

No comments: